Sunday, April 02, 2006

I NEED YOUR VOTE FELLOW DEMOCRATS

RE-ELECT
BARBARA J. SILLINGS
NEW ALBANY TOWNSHIP ASSESSOR


Dear Citizens,


I am writing to you to announce that I am seeking re-election as New Albany Township Assessor on the Democratic ticket. During the pass three years as your Township Assessor. I have greatly enjoyed serving the citizens of New Albany and look forward to the opportunity of continuing in this capacity, upon my re-election.

As you may know, the responsibilities of the TOWNSHIP ASSESSOR have increased and include maintaining property assessment data daily and insuring that we all recieve a fair and equitable assessment. In this process, the State of Indiana has required that trending to fair market value be a part of the many changes implemented into our current system. I have worked diligently to accomplish my duties as New Albany Township Assessor and feel I have done so in responsible, dedicated and ethical manner. I am proud to announce that I have achieved my Level 1 Assessor-Appraiser certificate from the State of Indiana, within my first three years, and am committed to continuing my education, as this is imperative in this position.

On a personal note, I am married to Todd Sillings and we have lived at 545 Spickert Knobs Road in New Albany Township for 30 years.

I ask for your support in the May Primary and hopefully in the General Election in November. As a past precinct committeeman and presently a vice-committeeman and Office Holder, I thank you for your continued hard work throughout the election year.

Very truly yours,

Barbara J. Sillings
New Albany Township Assessor
Democratic candidate for re-election
812-945-1679
e-mail
bsillings1951@aol.com