Thursday, February 09, 2006

COUNCILMAN DAN COFFEY CAMPAIGN PROMISE 2003

RE-ELECT
Dan Coffey
Democrat
First District City Council

THANK YOU for the opportunity you gave me when you elected me four years ago. I believe the people of the first district are the finest. I have been proud to represent you on the City Council. I have worked hard and never forgotten the people I was elected to represent. I hope you feel I have served you well. I am again asking for your vote and your support.
Thank you and God Bless.
Dan Coffey

My Campaign Promise to you the Voters:

To continue to fight for what is best for our Community
Continue to raise money for the summer feeding program for our children.
To continue with the annual clean-up for First district residents, saving residents money.
To continue to meet with residents upon request to address their concerns and to continue to help solve your problems.
I will continue to help expand the Urban enterprise Zone.
I will continue to work with City Departments to solve individual resident's problems such as handicap parking, cleaning ditches, trash pick up, and creating one way traffic flow.
I will continue to VOTE for projects that benefits the taxpayers and the citizens of New Albany.

"Being able to help people is what I find most rewarding"


DAN'S VOTING RECORD

* Voted against raising sewer rates and proposed sewer plan."There was an another plan which could have saved taxpayers over 20 million dollars"
* Voted against removing the firehouse from the First District. "This is a safety issue for our area. I will work hard to locate another firehouse in our area."
*Voted against 17% to 30% pay raises for City Officials.
* Voted against any pay raise for the City Council. "We should not consider a pay raise when talking about layoffs and tax increases."
* Voted against the Scribner Place/YMCA Project.
'The $16 million plus plan they are asking residents to spend would be better spent on sidewalks, streets, sewers and city services and lowering our taxes."

Paid for by the Committee to Re-Elect Dan Coffey. Melissa Coffey, Treasurer


Freedom Of Speech participants would like to thank Councilman Dan Coffey for supplying us with his campaign information. Mr. Coffey continues to fight for the citizens of New Albany. And refuses to be a "Rubber Stamp" for this administration.
Again this is another New Albany City Councilman who has kept his Campaign Promises as well as placed his "Voting Record" out their for all to see.
Keep fighting for us all Dan! And keep asking for accountability and checks and balances.
You have our Vote & Support!