Sunday, January 04, 2009

NEW COMMISSIONER...

Dear Freedom Of Speech,

It is with great honor that I have accepted the appointment as the new Commissioner of the Department of Local Government by Mitch Daniels.

I also look forward to meeting those of you whom I have not yet met and forming partnerships that can make a difference in the lives of you taxpayers we serve in the communities and state we love.

In putting taxpayers first, we will ensure that the policies we set are with the best interest of the taxpayers in mind and protect the taxpayers from unequal and unjust assessments and taxation.

By respecting local control, we will provide oversight of the assessment and budget functions, hold local officials accountable to state standards.

Thank you for your service and dedication to your community. I look forward to hearing from you. You may reach me via e-mail at trushenberg@dlgf.in.gov.

Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions, concerns or comments about local government.

Sincerely,

Timothy J. Rushenberg
Commissioner